Sunday, April 27, 2008

white

stillness
except the crunch under my feet
white
surrounded by tall skeletons
dusted
white
stretched out tongue
tip
cold
white
silence
only golden when its absent
white
angels no one will see
except me
and then i'm free
walking in minnesota, on the farm was glorious. i just thought of this tonight while i listened to a man tell stories of his solitude, riding across country, across his deserts of life, immersed only in the thoughts of his own as the noise around had stopped and the noise inside began. i related, and remembered the white walks of minnesota. the silence, only broken by the crunch under my feet that i love so much. what i really wanted was to scream, as loud as i could, to let out some of the steam inside of me. but instead i allowed the silence to seep in. even the view mirrored silence as it was as white as silence feels to me. i allowed imagination, to experience the pure delight of falling down into the snow to make an angel for no one but myself. soaking in the act of just breathing as i lay there, feeling the snowflakes touch my warmed face, freedom. i walked into those tall trees, so tall, covered with dust of white, sparkling. on close look i could see the flakes piled delicately, one on another. space in between. i took delight in licking the dust of the branches with the tip of my tongue. just the tip, letting the flakes melt and wondering if anyone was watching my curiosity in motion. no need to perform, no one is watching, just be free...to lick white dust off branches if your heart desires...free.

No comments: