Monday, April 14, 2008

cleaning up

today i found an old toy my mother bought me for christmas. you can make little potholders out of pieces of cloth. i made a pretty sweet one before i gave her a fake tatoo on her ankle, another "toy" she bought me one christmas. she enjoys giving toys even though ben and i are grown up, it makes her feel like she still has the fun of buying toys for her children. i don't mind.

i've been reading a book a friend sent to me about obeying God. there's a quote that i can't get out of my mind. "every relationship that does not involve god will lead to oppression." i think this is true. we are serving something/someone in everything we do, but i would rather serve a God who's desire is to set me free, not lock me up. i love that God is so amazing like that.

No comments: