Thursday, April 24, 2008

sparkling

i get stuck in my head...

tonight i was walking around tempe town lake, a place i love to be but rarely go.
i attempted to pray while worrying about when, where, what, and who while i gazed at the water and was suddenly struck by the beauty of the night, the water, those great little white lights dancing on the water and somehow my eyes felt like they were watching an optical illusion as the water sparkled and danced. i remembered god, how he gives me every good and perfect gift, like tonight and that beautiful picture he orchestrated for me. everything else didn't seem to matter so much

the night sparkled

i walked through the grass with my eyes closed, feeling that marshmallow goodness of the arizona night, the breeze touching my face, blowing my hair...

the rest disappeared

No comments: