Wednesday, September 3, 2008

transition

the flight was full going to philly so now i'm sitting in charlotte, north...where??? on the flight over i sat next to a woman who was having hot flashes so she had all the vents turned on her as i snuggled deep under my blanket. it was nice, felt like home sitting next to this woman, like my mom, always having hot flashes, while i'm getting freezed out!

now i've already got my ticket to philly, will arrive with a couple hours to wait again until i get onto my flight to venice. i still don't like flying, but i think i'll get better and better at it as the day goes on. what choice do i have anyway?

people here talk funny, and i think its strange that they must think i talk funny too. accents are weird. there are a lot of africans working here at the airport too.

i'm not fluent in italian yet...but i know that once i pull out my phrasebook and get started i will be well on my way! :)

No comments: