Thursday, September 4, 2008

double knee

my first day in sacile, italy. okay, let me go back a little bit and talk about my flight from philly to venice - the most amazing flight i've ever had....ever. i flew first class, and this was ridiculous. just before you all judge me and tell me about how missionaries can't fly first class you should know that it only cost me $100. so....and my total flights from az to venice totalled less than $400. okay, now that that is out of the way.

flying first class is what everyone should do if they have money to do it. i am blessed, and i understand that. i had a mimosa before i even had a chance to sit down, and then a blanket, and a bigger pillow than i've ever seen on an airplane, and i sat in a seat that turned into a bed. yep, a bed. i got a copy of usa today and a steak dinner - all 4 courses of this dinner. first came the stuffed olives, then the freshly made salad, then the steak dinner, then the chocolate cheesecake with coffee. i passed out after the meal and fell asleep on my bed after applying some of the lip balm and lotion that they gave me in a terry cloth pouch along with the eye cover thingy i put on. i layed down, went to sweet beddie bye only to wake an hour before we landed in venice. sweet flying! the only negative i could state was the air hostess lady scolded me because i wore jeans and pointed out that i was a non-rev customer...i was a little embarassed about this, but not enough to get upset over!

my first day in italia.

we drove from venice to sacile and dropped my things off at the house. we then went to a restaurant and ate pizza and lana, my wool, came and i ate some of her salad while she ate some of my pizza and we talked about god and what it means to pursue him. riley and jessie (rob and sandy's kids) were excited to see me, which made me feel very special, and jessie wanted to hold my hand a lot. it's nice to be loved by children! After lunch we all went to our homes and i tied my hair back in a ponytail because it is hot and humid here. i went out to the curb to wait for lana to come pick me up for her hair appointment at a local air force wife's house where she illegally works in her basement cutting hair. too many details, right? so we come home and lana leaves...i say i'm going to take a shower and go downstairs to my room and fall asleep on the bed for a few hours. whoopsie! again, too many details.

so the point of my very long story...sandy and i went for a walk after dinner and it was nice to be out. it had just been raining and it was very wet and humid outside. we walked through the center of town, down a alley with high apartments on either side, down the cobblestone streets, over a high bridge, and, whoops, i slipped on the wet wood and landed on my knee. it hurt, a lot. not the cry sort of hurt, but the ouch pain sort of hurt. i didn't like it. i picked myself up and felt the pain as we kept walking until it got so bad that i had to take a look...yep...i had two knees on my left leg instead of just one. i was swollen, huge! we had to keep walking home as i felt a little sorry for myself but totally okay with my risky fall. by the time we got home and i showed rob he told me i have a "double knee" and advised me not to show any boys my leg until it heals....nice. i iced my knee and it looks almost normalish now. i should have taken a picture first to show you, bummer! all in all it's been a fun day, and tomorrow is friday, wonderful!

now i'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha, ha, I think you're gonna love it there...Rob is gonna be good for you :)
Mom

Anonymous said...

now i get what you meant by having a "double knee" , i originally thought it was some reference to some Italian food or drink, lol !!!
Hope it's feeling better, miss you lots!!!!

Christine :-)

Anonymous said...

Your flight there sounds marvelous--you deserve it! Glad you are settled and enjoying italia. I could live there, love the pace of life, love the food/wine, and the people seemed warm. I also felt less than fashionable...if it is any consellation--you always look cute. You have a style of your own--better than Prada :)