Tuesday, November 10, 2009

sensitive material


in the vein of angst, i have something more to say.....
dear men who are homosexual and are part of my world: you know who you are, and i probably don't. please do not use me as a shield of sorts to protect you from the judgement of society or the church by engaging me in a romantic relationship. i understand that you are not accepted in the church, that you have faced harsh criticism and rejection, judgement and persecution. i understand that there is fear. but this is no excuse for using the lives of another to comfort your own. i hope to never find again that i have been the "stand-in", the one that throws everyone off from what they originally expected. lets not use one another. and please, as truth is expected from each of us, let us have the compassion and love towards one another to speak truth and accept the truth spoken of others. i am just as guilty in other respects, but....i've developed a complex, and it would be a major blow to have to go through this again.
we don't give others the opportunity to truly love us when we live a lie in fear of who we truly are.

1 comment:

April said...

I'm gasping...right now, gasping. Love you momma. Something tells me that I need to visit sooner than I had in mind.